The Los Angeles County Office of Education Innovative Digital Educator and Leader Certification is a four day hybrid learning academy that addresses the role of technology in the classroom using a digitally rich Project Based Learning (PBL) model.
Participants will engage collaboratively to develop Common Core State Standards (CCSS) aligned lessons with technology-enriched learning experiences. Smarter Balanced Assessments, 21st Century Learning Skills, PBL, SAMR, blended learning, and district initiatives will be addressed to help teachers continue the transformation of instruction and provide leadership to others at their school/district sites. They will be immersed in a learner-centered, hands-on environment where digital tools promoting communication, collaboration, critical thinking, and creativity to form a common foundation to meet the needs of the CCSS and 21st Century learning challenges in teaching and learning.
Participants will be awarded the LACOE IDEAL Certification and a Digital Badge confirming their accomplishment and validating the acquisition of knowledge and skills obtained upon completion.
Note: Teachers at Los Angeles County Office of Education Division of Student Programs sites, please register for the LACOE IDEAL Academy for LACOE Educators)
• Use technology resources to enhance the learning process in the classroom.
• Gain knowledge, understanding, and apply digital tools promoting collaboration, communication, critical thinking,
and creativity in teaching and learning.
• Understand the role technology plays in both Common Core learning and the assessment of that learning.
• Identify and apply “blended” learning techniques and strategies to instructional design.
• Describe how Project Based Learning and the use of Essential Questions can be used to help students obtain
mastery in the desired learning outcomes, including Common Core Standards, technology integration, and
21st century learning skills.
Summer Academy Dates:
Cohort: Summer 2017: June 20, 21, 22, 22, 2017 (Location LACOE 9300 Imperial Highway, Downey, Ca. 90242 Lab 280)
Cohort: Summer 2017: July 26, 27 and August 2, 3, 2017 (Location LACOE 9300 Imperial Highway, Downey, Ca. 90242 Lab 288)
San Gabriel USD Educators Summer Cohort: (This cohort is open to SGUSD Educators ONLY. Registration for this cohort may be subject to approval by SGUSD)
Cohort: Summer 2017: July 17, 18, 19, 20, 2017 (Location San Gabriel Unified School District - 408 Junipero Serra Drive, Room 217, San Gabriel, 91776)
Hours: 9:00 to 3:00pm (Lunch is on your own)
School sites and districts are encouraged to send at least two educators: Educators include district and site administrators, teachers on special assignment (TOSA’s), and/or classroom teachers with varying technology skills.
Commitment To Receive Certification:
• Attend 4 days of face to face training
• Participate in the digital "blended activities" over the four days of the academy
• Completion of final “Presentation of Learning” reflecting evidence of learning during the academy
(Presentation of Learning takes place on the final day of the academy)
Special Offer: $200.00 per individual (Regular cost is $400.00, LACOE is underwriting $200.00 for a limited time)
For more details contact: