You are invited to LACOE’s “Financially Fit Students: A School Wide Approach” professional development on April 5 at 4:30pm.
For Financial Literacy Month (April), LACOE has partnered with EverFi and the MassMutual Foundation to provide no-cost financial literacy training for you to use with your students.
FutureSmart, is an interactive online standards aligned financial literacy game that challenges students to make choices in real-life scenarios to achieve important goals around saving, education and career planning, and budgeting.
California has an F in financial literacy education.
In this workshop, Michelle Decker will present three tools teachers can use to highlight critical financial literacy skills in their classroom. She will introduce the JumpStart! National Standards for Financial Literacy, offer practical suggestions on how to easily incorporate this supplemental financial literacy resource in a classroom and share ways to empower students to make smart financial decisions.
- Receive a free account and generate a class code to use on their first day
- Tour the course platform and reporting tools
- Engage with CCSS Standards around Financial Literacy
- Learn about national financial literacy student learning objectives
- Gain access to a free online Financial Literacy tool